#ImagesAnonymous is hosting a Self Portrait Contest.
1) The submission must include some kind of craft. For those of you are already craft artists you're already set to go. Those of you who work in 2D art here's an opportunity to work outside what you normally do. Discover something new! If you sort of dabble into crafts every now and then here's a chance to really dive into it. Experiment, learn, and enjoy it. You may find you can really use what you learn in your more commonly used medium. Instead of just doing a painting make it a paper cutout like a pop-up book. You'll find plenty of craft ideas in the various craft groups here on dA.
2) This contest is about creating a personal portrait but in a way that is more abstract. You may have a great love for fishing, it's just something you can't resist. Polyclay is something that has interested you and you've been wanting to try it out. Figure out a way to convey your love of fishing with polyclay, but don't make it too literal. Make it feel alive! Another example is you may be in love with pictures of outer space. You spend hours upon hours looking at them. Take that love and make it into say...a pendant? There are a lot of materials that can be used to make pendants! Again, don't make it too straightforward by gluing a picture of a nebula onto a piece of wood. Go beyond that. It doesn't even have to be wearable.
3) Don't hold back! Be as creative and out there as possible. You are putting yourself on display!
4) Only one submission per person, but that submission can have several parts. If you're into making plushies, and you want to make a display of how much you love cooking. Make a bunch of plushies that look like food, set them up like you would for a meal with plates, spoons, forks, pots, pans, whatever. Put them on a dining table. You can even go so far as to have people at eat setting so it looks like you're going to eat plushie food. By doing this you can have a bunch of items in one picture. Same goes for jewelry. You can make a bunch of necklaces or earrings and put them all into one picture.
5) Explain in the description HOW this despicts your personality. Don't be vague. A bad description would be "I like cooking and love plushies, so here you go." Nope. Tell us more. Make us see a part of you that is personal and how it ties in. "I love cooking because it makes me feel important. People appreciate what it is I make, raving about how amazing the food is. I put so much love into everything I make and want people to feel that love. Putting things together onto a plate is easy, but making it into a display of art is different." See? That's a pretty good example of getting more personal.
6) If you have ANY questions about crafts bounce around the craft groups, as craft artists, and find out what is considered a craft here. Did you know culinary art is considered a craft here on dA?
7) This has to be a NEW submission. Nothing before March 1st, 2013. It has to be made for the contest. No exceptions. Now go enjoy this new experience.
Find more: here.